July 7, 2011

Fresh Strawberry Pie

This is probably my favorite pie to eat. It was very similar to the Fresh Peach Pie I made a month or so ago. Pretty fuss free - and perfect for all the yummy fresh strawberries at the market and in our back yard.

Fresh Strawberry Pie
4-5 c. strawberries
1 baked pie crust

Glaze:
1 1/2 c. crushed strawberries
1 1/2 c. water
1 1/4 c. sugar
4 1/2 T. cornstarch
Red food coloring (I skipped this)

For the Glaze, cook the crushed strawberries and water for 2 minutes. Combine the sugar and cornstarch and stir into the berry juice. Cook and stir this until it is thickened and bubbly. Arrange half of the strawberries into your crust then poor half the glaze on top. Arrange the other half of the strawberries and cover with the rest of the glaze. Chill and serve. Easy!

1 comment:

  1. I totally have memories of making these pies with your Mom when she was my YW's leader. Mmmm. They are the best pies. I was actually thinking about this recipe probably a month ago. I love that I have it now!!

    ReplyDelete