May 5, 2011

Healthy Chicken and Cheese Enchiladas


Since I am not drinking any Margarita's today... I decided to make to make Enchiladas in honor of Cinco de Mayo. These chicken and cheese enchiladas are my own recipe, therefore they are made with a healthy twist :) There are two ways I do the sauce. One as explained in the recipe or I cheat and buy the enchilada sauce from Trader Joe's. It is delicious and makes it easy when I am making a lot of enchiladas like I did this time around.



Lori's Healthy Chicken Enchiladas


3 c. cooked chicken breast, shredded

10-12 low carb wheat tortillas

1 can healthy request cream of chicken soup

1-2 TB. Taco seasoning

2 c. light shredded Mexican cheese blend

1 c. plain greek yogurt ( or light sour cream)

1 pkg. Lawrys Enchilada sauce ( prepared with water and 1, 6oz. can of tomato paste)

OR cheat and use Trader Joe's enchilada sauce.


Mix soup, yogurt, chicken, taco seasoning and 1 to 1 1/2 c cheese together and set aside. Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Fill tortillas (about 3 TB of mixture), roll and place tortillas into pan. Pour the prepared Enchilada sauce over the top of the enchiladas and top with remaining cheese. Bake covered at 350 for 30 minutes and then uncovered for 15-20 min or until bubbling.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment