March 31, 2011

Chicken and Broccoli Casserole

This was an easy Chicken and Broccoli casserole from my Grandma Davis. I have always loved this simple casserole, but wanted to make it healthier. It turned out great with the substitutions I made. I would definitely served this with rice or noodles. Alone it seems too "soupy". Here is my healthy chicken and broccoli casserole. I will put in parenthesis what the original recipe called for in case you want to go for the full fat version :)

20 oz. frozen broccoli florets
6-8 chicken breasts, cooked
2 cans healthy request cream of chicken soup (or regular)
1 can healthy request cream of celery soup (or regular)
1 c. low fat mayonnaise (or regular)
1 tsp curry (original called for 1/2 tsp curry... but we really like curry around here)
1 TB lemon juice
1 1/2 c. light shredded cheddar cheese

Layer frozen broccoli in a 9x13 in pan. Break chicken into large pieces and lay on top of broccoli. Mix soups, mayonnaise, curry and lemon juice together. Spread on top on chicken. Sprinkle cheese on top. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes until hot and bubbly.





2 comments:

  1. Where's the cheese? I don't see any!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was cheese. I took the first picture before and then it was melted into the soup mixture for the last picture. Just hard to see it, but trust me it was there :)

    ReplyDelete