March 20, 2011

Crockpot Swiss Steak

I LOVE cooking with the crockpot!!! I made this dish on a busy day when Haws had the day off and I had a list of things I wanted us to do! We worked around the house, went to the Railroad Park in Irvine (that place is amazing!) for a picnic with some friends, headed out to the Nixon Library (free on Presidents Day) and then came home to dinner being practically ready! All I had to do was cook up the noodles and make a salad and wa-lah! This was really yummy and the meat was very tender. I would definitely make it again.


Crockpot Swiss Steak with Noodles

1 med onion, separated into rings
1 (4oz) can mushrooms, drained
1 can cream of mushroom soup (I always use the 98% fat free kind)
1 (8oz) can stewed tomatoes
1-2 lbs round steak, cut into pieces
1/2 c. Swiss cheese
Cooked noodles


Combine first 4 ingredients in crockpot.


Place meat on top and bury in mixture. Cover and heat on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours. Just before serving, remove meat and mix in cheese.


Add meat back in and stir. Serve over cooked noodles.

1 comment:

  1. This blog is a lot of fun! I'll spread the word!

    ReplyDelete