March 23, 2011

Snickerdoodles

I love my cookies. Cookies are probably my favorite dessert to make and i especially  love the dough :) I probably eat about half the dough before I bake them, which just means I have to make more of these delicious cookies! These snickerdoodles are a must have in the Hathaway household. They are just the perfect texture and Chase can just eat them all day (so can I).

Snickerdoodles

1/2 c. butter
1/2 c, shortening
1 1/2 C. Sugar
2 eggs
2 3/4 C. Flour
2 tsp. cream of Tarter
1 tsp. soda
1/4 tsp. Salt


Heat oven to 400. Mix thoroughly butter, shortening, sugar and eggs. Blend in flour, cream of tartar, soda, and salt. Shape dough by rounded tablespoon or ice cream scoop into balls. I like to make my cookies a little on the big side.

Mix 2 tbl of sugar and cinnamon and roll balls in mixture, Place two inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes immediately remove from baking sheet.

1 comment:

  1. Snickerdoodles are my favorite cookies! Soft and yummy!

    ReplyDelete