October 13, 2011

Sour Cream Cucumbers

Thank you Sesame Street for giving me a break to get this post done. I have been a major slacker! Pregnancy definitely effects my cooking and blogging abilities. Now that I am out of the thick of it... I hope to be more consistent.
Brooke and I made this side way back in July when we were in Montana. We substituted the sour cream with plain Greek yogurt, which I liked, but I think Brooke would prefer the sour cream. Do what you like. I thought this was yummy.

Sour Cream Cucumbers

1/2 c. sour cream (or you can try the plain Greek yogurt like we did)
3 TB. white vinegar
1 TB. sugar
Pepper to taste
4 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
1 small sweet onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings

In a serving bowl, combine the sour cream, vinegar, sugar and pepper. Stir in cucumbers and onion. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Serves 8

I just realized this recipe was given to us by my dear Aunt LaRee who passed away last Friday. We love you Aunt LaRee! Thank you for all the good times and the wonderful food you have shared with us. I know that you are enjoying a sweet reunion with Uncle Milt.

1 comment:

  1. These are a tasty way to serve cucumbers! I prefer sour cream too! Thanks for the note about LaRee!

    ReplyDelete