October 25, 2011

Texas Sheet Cake


This is one of my favorite cakes. I think it is mainly because of the frosting... it is to die for!!! I would eat it by the spoonfuls if I could. This was the first thing I made that really made me sad about the gestational diabetes. I did manage to get ONE spoonful in though and it was divine :)

Texas Sheet Cake: Barbara Davis

1/2 c. butter
1 c. water
1/4 c. cocoa
2 c. sugar
2 c. flour
1 c. buttermilk
2 eggs 1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. soda
1 tsp. cinnamon

Bring butter, water and cocoa to a boil. Mix dry ingredients together and add cocoa mixture. Add buttermilk, eggs and vanilla and mix well. Grease a 12x17-inch cookie sheet and pour cake mixture into it. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.

Frosting:
1/2 c. butter
1/4 c. cocoa
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 c. buttermilk
1 lb powdered sugar
1 c. chopped nuts (optional)

Heat butter, buttermilk and cocoa. Add vanilla and powdered sugar. Beat until smooth. Pour over cake. Sprinkle nuts on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment