April 15, 2011

Mom's chocolate chip cookies


So many fond memories of these cookies. I use to love to freeze these and then eat them straight out of the freezer, letting them defrost in my mouth. They are are the best chocolate chip cookies I have tasted! Haws makes a close runner up, but I have to stay true to these. We had some people over for dinner and planned to make pizookies. We realized half way in that we didn't have enough chocolate chips to make the whole batch, so we made two pizzokies. One with semi-sweet chips and one with white chocolate chips. Then we saved the batter until I bought some more semi-sweet chips to make the cookies. I was surprised by how much I like the white chocolate chips pizookie. I think next time I will make more cookies with the white chips.

1 c. butter
1 c. shortening ( I just used 2 c. butter because I refuse to use shortening. If you choose to do the same, just know that your cookies will be a little more flat, but just as delicious.)
2 c. sugar
2 c. brown sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
4 1/2 c. flour
2 tsp. soda
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 c. chocolate chips
2 c. chopped nuts (optional)

Cream butter, shortening (if using) and sugars together. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Add flour, soda, salt and cinnamon. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Place golf ball-sized dough on greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 for about 10 min or until little cracks appear but cookies are still soft.

For the pizookies, we place about 1 c. of the cookie dough into pie tins, spread out and baked about 15 min.
Adding in the chocolate chips with the rest of the dough.





No comments:

Post a Comment