June 26, 2011

Strawberry Bread

 The strawberries have been super cheap at the store, so we've been buying tons of them.  The ones from our garden never make it into the house.  My 18 month old seems to grab them before anyone else can.  We decided to make this strawberry bread with some strawberries we had bought and it was delicious.  It tasted like a dessert, and smelled like amish friendship bread while baking (I think because of the cinnamon).  The top was by far the favorite part by everyone, so I think next time we'll do muffins to increase crust area.

Strawberry Bread
3 c. fresh straberries, quartered
3 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
2 c. sugar
1 tsp. soda
3 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. oil
4 eggs slightly beaten

Mix together the eggs oil and strawberries.  Then add the sugar, salt, soda and cinnamon and flour.  Mix it all together and poor into two large greased loaf pans.  Bake at 325 for about an hour.  (When I make the muffins I'll leave a comment with how long it took me.)

1 comment:

  1. When I make this bread I chop up the strawberries so the chunks are not so big. I really like this bread made with raspberries also. The muffins sound like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete