February 15, 2012

Favorite Baked Potato Soup

This soup is probably the easiest and one of the best potato soups I have ever tasted. It is just so nice and creamy and has such a good flavor! Its a favorite in our house, in fact my husband requested I make this for our special valentines day dinner. Having kids, I like to make this ahead of time so that making the actual dinner is really quick. So in the morning I Baked the Potatoes and Bacon so when I was making the soup i just threw everything together.

Baked Potato Soup

12 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled ( I like to cut my bacon up first then cook it all togeher, makes it so it comes out in good pieces rather then getting to crumbly)
2/3 cup butter
2/3 c. flour
7 c. milk
4 large baked potatoes, cooked,peeled and cubed.
4 green onions chopped
1 1/4 c. cheddar cheese
1 c. sour cream
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper

Bake potatoes at 400 for one hour, take out and peel and cube. Cook bacon and crumble, set aside. In large pot melt butter over medium heat and whisk flour until smooth. Gradually stir in mile, whisking constantly until thickened. Stir in potatoes and green onions. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Mix in bacon, cheese,sour cream, salt and pepper. Continue cooking stirring frequently unil cheese is melted. I put mine in bread bowls, then make rolls for left overs.


No comments:

Post a Comment