February 29, 2012

Sour Cream Sugar Cookies

In honor of St. Patrick's day coming up, I made some shamrock sugar cookies. I love sugar cookie dough, and this is by far the best dough I have ever tasted! The cookies always come out perfect. I am always trying new sugar cookie recipes to see if I can find another one I like, and so far these still are my No. 1 sugar cookie!

1 c. sugar 1/2 c. shortening and mix together

add 2 eggs, 1 c. sour cream, and tsp. vanilla and beat until smooth

add 3 c. flour, 1/2 tsp. salt, 2 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp. soda

Let stand in refrigerator for some time. add more flour when rolling out for the first time ( soft and sticky dough). Roll out to 1/4 inch thick. Bake at 350 for 6 to 8 min. TIP: these do not get brown so DO NOT OVERCOOK!


No comments:

Post a Comment